Tuesday, January 15, 2013

London and My Expectations

With only two weeks left before I depart, I've been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Shopping for last minute things, doctor's appointments, and saying goodbyes to everyone, I haven't really had time to just sit and reflect on what exactly is about to happen. I have more questions then answers at this point, which is probably normal for anyone in my shoes.

It's often said that cities have their own character and life to them. Paris is often described as romantic. New York, as business oriented. London, however, has never been labeled as any one thing. I've heard adjectives from all over the spectrum, from eclectic and grimy, to proper and posh.

I want London to speak to me. I want to experience the city for myself and come up with my own adjectives for London. I want London to be a character in the story of my life. Who knows? Maybe I will be able to call London "home".

No comments:

Post a Comment